200g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp Grounded Pleasures Straight Up Cocoa
- 200g unsalted butter, softened
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 tsp Grounded Pleasures Vanilla Extract
- 120g hazelnut butter*
- 60g milk chocolate, melted
- 3 eggs
- 120g Greek style yoghurt
Ingredients for the Icing
- 190g icing mixture
- 25g Grounded Pleasures Straight Up Cocoa
- 2.5 tbsp boiling water, approx.
- 2 tbsp hazelnuts, roasted, skinned and roughly chopped. *or blend 120g roasted and skinned hazelnuts in a food processor until a nut butter forms
Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius and line a deep 20cm round cake tin. In a medium bowl, sift the flour and cocoa powder. Whisk to combine then set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract until pale and creamy. Add the hazelnut butter and melted chocolate to the butter mixture and mix until combined. Add in the eggs one at a time, then add the yoghurt and mix until well combined. Add the flour and cocoa and mix on low speed until combined and the batter is smooth.
Transfer the batter to the prepared cake tin and bake for 50 minutes. Then cover the cake with foil and bake for a further 20-25 minutes, or until the cake is cooked through.
Allow the cake to cool in its tin for a few minutes, then turn out on a wire rack to cool completely.
Once the cake has cooled, make the icing by combining the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl, then add 1.5 tbsp boiling water. Mix with a spoon and add more water half a tablespoon at a time until you have a nice thick, smooth spreadable icing. Spread over the top of the cake using the back of a spoon and decorate with chopped hazelnuts if desired.