- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 155g caster sugar
- 1 tsp Grounded Pleasures vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 230g The Healthy Baker Self Raising Flour
- 2 tbsp Grounded Pleasures Cinnamon Drinking Chocolate
- 105ml milk
- Ingredients for the Icing:
- 150g icing mixture
- 20g (approx. 2 tbsp) Grounded Pleasures Cinnamon Drinking Chocolate
- 1-2 tbsp boiling water
- Edible flowers, optional
Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees Celsius, and line a 22x10cm loaf tin with baking paper.
In a medium bowl whisk together the self-raising flour, cinnamon drinking chocolate and ground cinnamon, then set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the flour and the milk and slowly mix until combined.
Tip the mixture into the prepared tray and smooth the top.
Bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack.
To make to icing, combine the dry ingredients together, then add 1 tbsp boiling water. Mix and add more water a little at a time until you have a nice thick, smooth spreadable icing. Spread over the cake and decorate with edible flowers if desired.